Hints and Tips
You’ll benefit from our design advice and years of experience as we work with you to create your perfect kitchen.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing the design.
• Storage space is a major factor, so think about pull outs in corner units, full height pull out larders or a beautiful handmade wooden pantry.
• You may prefer a breakfast bar or island for eating at and socialising rather than a kitchen table. There are a wide range of options available and your designer will help you choose the right look and finish to suit your lifestyle.
• The height of your worktop and cabinets can vary depending on your needs. We’ve designed kitchens for families who are above average height and also kitchens with low work surfaces and easy access for wheelchair users.
• You can also mix up the worktops to add interest as well as aid the practicalities of using your new kitchen. For example, using warm solid wood on a breakfast bar, with quartz or granite in areas near the oven and sink.
• Your choice of sinks and taps can really make life easier. Do you need one sink with a fixed tap, or two sinks with a flexible tap? You might also consider adding a boiling water tap, which speeds up making hot drinks or heating water for cooking a pan of your favourite pasta.
• Lighting is not the first thing people think of in a kitchen design. Making best use of natural light by adding skylights and windows makes the room brighter and appear larger. Clever use of uplighters for cornices, or spotlights to create puddles of light on the worktops are practical and also create ambience in the room.
Whatever you choose, you can be sure that your designer will listen to your needs and plan a beautiful kitchen incorporating the highest quality materials and appliances from the top manufacturers.